Textile Management and Marketing Program (4 years BBA) is a unique program that combines Business Management and Textile subjects, in line with HEC’s roadmap for business and management education. This combination is essential for educating graduates with the most recent strategies for managerial positions in the textile and related industries.
“To establish a liaison with the textile industry that will hasten the development of new ideas and cutting-edge products through the constant exchange of talent, resources, and perspectives.”
The Department of Textile Management and Marketing is committed to developing our curriculum through teaching, research, and outreach. While maintaining the same fundamental understanding as a business school program, the added layers of textile, fibers, merchandising, and retail knowledge and expertise will help students stand out from the competition when applying for jobs at major companies and prepare them for entrepreneurship roles.
• To equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to comprehend, evaluate, and apply the fundamentals of management and marketing to the world of textiles.
• To provide students with an understanding and ability to comprehend textile management and marketing techniques from a worldwide perspective.
• To educate students on marketing research techniques and how they relate to textiles and business.
• To acquire the analytical and professional abilities needed for the creation of new goods and methods for the textile industry.
The feedback from TIP graduates and the Textile Industry indicates that there is an acute shortage of professionals at the middle management level in the industry. In order to meet this need, the Institute has launched a BBA programme with specialization in Textile Management and Marketing.
This programme has a unique blend of courses in business management and textile processes, material and equipment and is therefore more relevant to textiles than other BBA programmes offered by different institutions. TIP graduates will be ideally placed to fill middle management positions to enable the industry to exploit the opportunities and face the challenges of globalization and the post quota abolition scenario.
The 4-year BBA programme is customized to meet the growing requirements and concerns of the textile industry.
The candidate must at least have 50% in either of the following:
• Intermediate (Pre-medical, Pre-Engineering, Commerce, Arts) with no failed subjects.
• GCE ‘A’ Levels in any three subjects that must be equivalent to a minimum grade of C (50%) in intermediate qualifications. * Equivalency certificate from IBCC must be submitted.
Note: Any other Equivalent qualification (to be evaluated by the Admission Committee)
Merit Criteria: Intermediate/GCE A Level (20%) + Entry Test Marks (50%) + Interview (30%)
Note: Applications that are entertained on an Intermediate Part-I basis must meet the basic eligibility criteria of the relevant degree program on the announcement of the Intermediate Part-II result, failing which admission will be automatically canceled.
Test: Entry Test Required