This program concentrates on advanced-level courses in textile chemistry, polymer and fiber science, fiber processing, fabric development, textile wet processing, apparel manufacturing, mathematics, physics, and chemistry. Students also undertake basic management and marketing courses. Students graduating in Textile Science have a firm base and are able to apply their knowledge in solving problems related to textile materials involving both chemical and physical principles. The students concentrate on the conception, design, construction, and management of complete systems of labor, machinery, and processes for the most efficient production of textiles or related chemicals.
“To be the global academic leader by providing the best quality textile graduates in chemistry, color science, and engineering of polymers, fibres, and technical textiles to serve the needs of the textile industry in order to improve sustainability and quality of life.”
The mission is to produce skilled textile professionals having comprehensive knowledge of fiber, yarn and fabric formation, wet processing, production, management, marketing, and basic skills of research by providing them with fundamental and advanced knowledge through professional faculty and the latest practical facilities.
• To provide basic knowledge of textile manufacturing along with supporting sciences i.e., chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer, management, and communication.
• To develop critical thinking, problem-solving capability, and communication skills in students through lectures, assignments, projects, internships, and final-year research projects.
• To develop professional and analytical skills through practical work required for the development of products and processes in textiles.
• To prepare professionals to play a vital role in the development of the textile industry.
This program concentrates on advanced level courses in textile chemistry, polymer and fibre science, fibre processing, fabric development, textile wet processing, apparel manufacturing, mathematics, physics and chemistry. Students also undertake basic management and marketing courses.
Students graduating in Textile Science have a firm base and are able to apply their knowledge in solving problems related to textile materials involving both chemical and physical principles. The students concentrate on conception, design, construction and management of complete systems of labour, machinery and processes for the most efficient production of textiles or related chemicals.
The candidate must at least have 50% in either of the following:
• Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) with no failed subjects.
• GCE ‘A’ Levels in three major subjects (Math, Chemistry, Physics) that must be equivalent to a minimum grade of C (50%) in intermediate qualifications. * Equivalency certificate from IBCC must be submitted.
Note: Any other Equivalent qualification (to be evaluated by the Admission Committee)
Merit Criteria: Intermediate/GCE A Level (20%) + Entry Test Marks (50%) + Interview (30%)
Note: Applications that are entertained on an Intermediate Part-I basis must meet the basic eligibility criteria of the relevant degree program on the announcement of the Intermediate Part-II result, failing which admission will be automatically canceled.
Test: Entry Test Required